Sunday, January 8, 2012

So many things, so little time!

AH things are getting crazy.  I can't believe I'm leaving in 17 days.  IT'S SO WEIRD!  I have so many things to do before then, I think it's finally starting to set in that I'm actually going!  I tried packing today, and found out that I'm a lighter packer than I thought, which is a relief.  And I found out I can wear my Sperrys in Austria and not look like an old man.  Phew.  Today I had my pre-orientation, it was actually a lot more fun and informative than I imagined it would be.  It was a small group; me and 3 other girls going abroad.  They're all going to warm places (Argentina, Costa Rica, and Paraguay), so I was a little jealous.  We did some... "interesting" activities and it was fun talking to other kids that shared my excitement!  I'm a little sad those 3 won't be in New York with me for the gateway orientation, but I know they'll have a great time in Miami :)  Other than that, my day consisted of planning planning planning!  I have a going away party with my friends on the 21st, a family party for me on the 22nd, and the day before I leave I'm spending the day with my dad and having a final family dinner that night with him, Julie (his girlfriend) and my sister :)  I'm more excited than ever, but at the same time more nervous than ever.  This is one hectic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment